Friday, January 27, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
The round robin was really fun and I think the finished pieces turned out well. It was hard to work on someone elses piece of "art" but it certainly was a learning experience!
Thursday, January 12, 2012
I had a question about the resist shape that I used to make the tangerine hat in my last post about the felting class I will be teaching. Here's a photo of the actual resist. The yellow hat form in the center of the resist gives you an idea of how big it is. The hat is sitting on this form in the photo in the last post. I always find that making a resist very simple and then adding structure to the hat with shaping is the easiest way to go. If you'd like to learn more about hat making and you'll be in the Kalispell area, sign up for my class at Camas Creek Yarns.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Don't you just love the colors? The turquoise one at the bottom left is the wool thread. Now I just need to iron all the fabric and wind all the thread into balls.
Monday, January 2, 2012
- Continue the Level II Hand and Machine Stitch course
- Promote my book when it comes out in August
- Begin teaching felting classes at a local yarn store
- Investigate future teaching possibilities (felting/fiber art) at the local community college
- Mentor artists through the Montana Arts Council program at the store about the business of art
- Participate fully in our new virtual studio The Felting and Fiber Studio
- Continue exploring the combination of hand and machine stitching with felting
- Begin making video fiber art tutorials (which I'm sure will involve more than I think it will)
- Learn more about Photoshop and use it more frequently
- Continue to explore surface design including more eco-printing with leaves with my local group
- Begin researching and planning for The Yurt Project
What are your plans for 2012? I'd love to hear about them.